A Returning Summer Favorite
In recent years, the Rochester food truck scene has been heating up, and the City of Rochester has taken notice. Thus, we get to enjoy another summer of Food Truck Rodeos at the Public Market. The last Wednesday of each month, from April through September, more than 30 culinary trucks, trailers, and carts will convene at the Rochester Public Market from 5 to 9 pm — just in time for dinner. Bring the whole family, and even the pickiest eaters will find something to cheer about amongst the rows of compact kitchens. For a preview of the array of flavors you can expect to wrangle at this rodeo, check out Girls on Food’s exploration of the July 2017 food truck rodeo. Be sure to bring a lawn chair or blanket and settle in for a free performance by a different local band at each event. Need transportation? For each 2018 Food Truck Rodeo except June, the Market will be running a quick, easy, comfortable, convenient and FREE MarketMobile Shuttle from the East End Parking Garage at the corner of East Main and Scio Streets.
- June 27 – The Earthtones
- July 25 – Something Else
- August 29 – Miller and the Other Sinners
- September 26 – Tim Britt Live
Rules & Regs
Alas, if we want to have nice things, we have to follow the rules. Admission to the food truck rodeos is free, but the usual Public Market event regulations apply.
- No shirt, no shoes, no entry.
- All bags are subject to search.
- No smoking in or under sheds.
- No pets except for service animals (and note that dogs in bags or in your arms are still dogs).
- No bicycles in event area (although we encourage you to ride to the event, we have lots of bike parking).
- No skateboards or in-line skates.
- One sealed water bottle per person can be brought in; no other food or beverages.